Fat Or Fit? Changing The Status Quo: First Trail Run

Fat Or Fit? Changing The Status Quo: First Trail Run
Di Posting Oleh : Admin
Kategori : Health Blog Tutorial, Teknologi dan Kesehatan: Mangaip Blog

Fat Or Fit? Changing The Status Quo: First Trail Run
 

Today Steve had us run some trails around Mount Helena in preparation for the Spartan Race. In one hour we experienced cold wind, rain, snow and sunshine all rolled together.

Our registered team members now number over 20 (21 or 22, I'm not sure). Today there were only eight of us that showed up for the trail run. I guess the majority of our team - HERE FOR THE BEER (that's our team name) are fair weather Spartan's. (Just kidding) these folks lead busy lives. Some are self employed, other's have children and schedules and birthdays and lives outside of training for an obstacle race. I get it.

On the back row where the men are left to right it's - Me, Steve, Aaron and then Mark. The front row is the ladies and left to right it's - Angela, Kathey, Amber and Angelina in Yellow.

Kathey is a regular runner. I mean she runs regularly. So today's run was a walk in the park for her. She basically lead the group as she is in good shape and today was easy for her.

I was the slow poke. I jogged as long as I could and most of the rest of the way, it was walking up the trails/hills and jogging down the hills. Parts of the mountain still had snow, ice and mud and water on the trails.

So where it was snow and ice I was trekking pretty careful, and where it was water and mud the wetness was seeping into my shoes and soaking my socks. This kind of running really works all angles of your feet as the surface is very uneven and sometimes you are jumping across puddles, and rocks, etc.

So the picture above was taken after we finished the run. Now for the fun part - Lunch! We all went to The Brewhouse Pub & Grille and ate. I had a chicken chef salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette dressing. I was hungry and it was delicious.

I also consumed two local microbrews from the Kettle house Brewery in Missoula. I had the Cold Smoke Scotch Ale. It's a dark beer and on the sweet side. All in all...a terrific day.

Later on in the evening, Angelina phoned and wanted us (she and I) to go back up Thursday for a mid-morning run. She was the 2nd slowest runner today. But we had a good time, ran further than we thought we would and she wants to do it again.

Tuesday evening the Spartan Team meets at Angelina's backyard for more Spartan training. We have the 7 foot high wall. The multi-angled traverse wall, the rope climb. Steve might bring his chains to drag and tractor tires to flip. Could make for a circuit training session. Let's hope for the best.

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Bagaimana Cara Menghilangkan Sakit Gigi Dengan Cepat?

Kandungan Manfaat dan Khasiat Daun Katuk Bagi Kesehatan

Masker Rambut Alami untuk Rambut Kering, Rusak, Rontok